Thursday, September 3, 2009

Walnut Hall Table

This is the fourth project I made while attending the Inside Passage School of Fine Woodworking in 2008/2009. This is a work in progress as I ran out of time at the end of the school year to complete this piece, so I'm planning on finishing it when I get back to the school for my second year.

The table is constructed from black walnut and curly maple. It is about 26" wide, 37" high and 15" deep. There are 8 drawers in total (5 were completed when I took these pictures). I have 3 drawers left to make, and then I need to install all of the drawer pulls. The drawers have curved fronts, and each drawer is a different size. Once the table is complete, I intend to make a matching mirror to hang on the wall above it.

I really like this piece, so I will probably end up keeping it and not putting it up for sale.

No comments: